Jan 16, 2018
- Provide evidence-based clinically competent care across the continuum of care.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness, sensitivity, and competency in providing nursing care to individuals families and groups within a diverse society.
- Make clinical judgments using reflection, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Use information and health care technologies.
- Perform the professional roles of care provider, coordinator of care, member of a profession, and life-long learner.
- Perform health promotion, risk reduction, and disease prevention.
- Work as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Assume leadership roles within the scope of professional practice.
- Exhibit professional behavior behavior in all activities.
Degree Requirements (120 Hours) (58-64 Major Hours)
See College of Nursing for entrance requirements, progression requirements, and other regulations.
Carolina Core and College General Education Requirements
CMW: Effective, Engaged and Persuasive Communication: Writing (6 hours)
ARP: Analytical Reasoning and Problem-Solving (6 hours)
SCI: Scientific Literacy (16 hours)
* Pre-requisite courses for nursing courses
GFL: Global Citizenship and Multicultural Understanding: Foreign Language (0-6 hours)
- Demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language by achieving a score of two or higher on the Foreign Language Placement Test or by completing one Foreign Language through 110 or 121.
GHS: Global Citizenship and Multicultural Understanding: Historical Thinking (3 hours)
- Any approved Carolina Core GHS course.
GSS: Global Citizenship and Multicultural Understanding: Social Sciences (6 hours)
AIU: Aesthetic and Interpretive Understanding (3 hours)
- Any approved Carolina Core AIU course
CMS: Effective, Engaged, and Persuasive Communication: Spoken Component (0-3 hours)
- Any approved overlay or stand-alone Carolina Core CMS course.
INF: Information Literacy (0-3 Hours)
- Any approved overlay or stand-alone Carolina Core INF course.
VSR: Values, Ethics, and Social Responsibility (3 hours)
Additional Pre-requisite courses:
All lower division courses must be completed before progression to the upper division.
Upper Division Courses (58 Total Hours):