3. Approved Electives (3-12 Hours)
All students must complete 3 hours in Approved Electives not to include coursework in PEDU or MATH/STAT below the Moore School minimum requirements (ex. MATH 111 or STAT 110).
If a student exempts the foreign language requirement or fulfills Carolina Core requirements with overlay courses, those credit hours must be replaced with approved elective credits. Students are strongly encouraged to take a business section of UNIV 101 to fulfill elective hours.
5. Minor or Directed Course Work (minimum of 18 Hours)
Directed course work may be selected from a University-wide list of approved minors. The minor is normally a minimum of 18 hours of prescribed courses in one subject area. Students not selecting such a minor may submit an alternative program of study to their Moore School academic advisor to satisfy the approved course work requirement. All minor courses or courses approved as alternatives must be passed with a grade of C or better.
6. Optional Business Analytics Concentration (12 Hours)*
Required Course (3 Hours):
MGSC 394 - Data Analytics for Business
Choose 9 Hours from the list below:
ACCT 404 - Accounting Information Systems I
ECON 436 - Introductory Econometrics
FINA 444 - Corporate Risk Management
FINA 469 - Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management **
FINA 472 - Student-Managed Investments
MGMT 425 - HR Analytics
MGSC 390 - Business Information Systems
MGSC 486 - Service Operations Management
MKTG 352 - Principles of Marketing Research
MKTG 447 - Pricing Strategy and Analytics
* Please consult with your Academic Advisor or department on the courses recommended for individual majors. The analytics concentration must be taken in conjunction with another track in your major. The department may add additional electives to the Business Analytics Concentration subject to the approval of the Business Analytics Task Force.
7. Internationalization Requirement (9 Hours)
The program also requires 9 hours of course work with international content that may be used to fulfill other degree requirements. Three hours must be taken from an approved list of courses offered by the Moore School of Business which contain international business or international economics content. The following course options can also be used to satisfy the 3 credit hours of this requirement: approved course work containing international business or international economics content, taken at a semester abroad program; an approved Maymester or summer overseas course containing international business or international economics content; an approved internship course in international business wherein a student would obtain discipline-related work experience in a foreign country; or an approved service-learning component. Students may choose from one of the following options to complete the remaining 6-hour requirement:
- Two language courses at the 200 level or above
- Two approved courses with international content taken either inside or outside the Moore School of Business from a list available in the undergraduate office.